At The Property Market we believe communication is the key. You can register your email address to sign up for our regular e-newsletters and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google + for all the latest news in The Property Market.
Whether you are buying a property for you to live in or for an investment property, the purchase of a property is a big step. If there is anything we can help with, please give us a call on 02 4353 8712.
Some general tips that may be of some assistance include:
- Speak with your bank or mortgage broker to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect as many properties as you can in your preferred suburb(s) so you have a feel for the prices.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer.
- If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your agent who can guide you if you are in any way unsure of the process.
- You can arrange a building and pest inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible major issues.
- Following your solicitors or conveyancer’s advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
- On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed